Interesting Facts About SEO For Wix: Busting the Myths
1. Myth: Wix Websites Aren’t Good for SEO When it comes to your website’s SEO, search engines like Google don’t differ between one website builder or another. This means that if you’ve taken the steps to amp up the SEO on your Wix website, you have as big of a chance of being ranked on the first page of search engine results as a website built by a coder.
Think your site’s SEO could use some work? Check out the SEO & Google Tipssection of the Wix Blog.
2. Myth: Products on My Wix Online Store Aren’t SEO Optimised You’ll be pleased to hear that we add schema.org tags to describe and categorize the products in your online store. Some of the categories include, but are not limited to: price, availability, product name, etc. so you’re in safe hands.
3. Myth: Long URLs & Hashbangs Negatively Impact My Site’s SEO
Your website’s URL is one piece of content that doesn’t play a part in your site’s SEO. Just like Amazon & EBay often attribute very long URLs to their list of products and still rise to the top of search engines, the content on your website is not affected by the length of your URL.
When it comes to your Wix website, there’s more to your web pages than meets the eyes. Behind the scenes of your drag and drop editor, is a complex coded infrastructure that makes your website operate smoothly – this is called Ajax Crawling. In short, your site has a mirror version that is completely readable by any crawling bot while the average site viewer can still enjoy the cutting edge experience of your site. Search engines like Google use crawl bots to extract the information they need to bump up your SEO results.
5. Myth: My Code-Free Wix Website Can’t Compete with More Complicated Websites
Like we mentioned above, when it comes to SEO, search engines don’t pick favourite sitebuilders. So even while you may have taken the less-techie route of building a website with Wix, your site has a great chance of being on Google’s good side.
When it comes to your site’s SEO, content is king. If your website has all of the relevant information needed to make your site viewer’s experience a joy, than your SEO is on the right track. Check out this previous post for great tips on how to write content with SEO in mind.
6. Is My Wix Blog good for SEO?
Sure! In fact an active blog is a fantastic source to generate fresh new content onto your website, a great bonus on the SEO front.
7. Myth: Wix Sites are Penalised by Search Engines Because They Load Slowly
Over the last year Wix has made significant changes to our user’s site loading times. In fact, we’ve become so speed obsessed that the average Wix website will load 2 seconds faster than websites built elsewhere. If you find that your site is loading slower than it average, we encourage you to test your site speed and follow these steps to speed up your website.
8. Myth: Wix Websites Can’t Be Found on Mobile Searches
Google recently announced that they’re giving a higher SEO score to sites that are mobile optimised. Great news for Wix users; your Wix website is automatically optimised for mobile search engines after you take the time to make your site look great on mobile screens. Get to know the Wix mobile editor in this tutorial from the Help Center to make sure that your site looks just like you want it to on mobile screens.
9. Will My Images Show Up on SEO Results?
If you’ve taken care of the alt description of your images like a good SEO scholar, than your images will be in Google’s good graces. Your alt tags descriptions can set for each one of your images as well as few other settings. Check out this post onHow to Optimize Images for your Website to make your images SEO friendly.